Saturday, September 18, 2010

Wisdom Tooth Out + Required Day on the Couch = Time To Blog

Okay so my last week and a half have been crazy! Here's just a snapshot:

-Rach came and visited before heading to Perryville Arkansas for a new life on a farm :) okay she's working for Heifer for nine months to get away from the craziness of it all, learn about sustainability and figure out what to do with her life next. Hmm I'm starting to think I need nine months on a farm haha.
-We had lots of fun watching burn notice, going to the farmers market, making pizza, sitting in coffee shops, looking for old doors and a piano bench (we found neither), going to an old book store to look for an old hymanl and of course walking out with an extra book by Gabriel Garcias Marquez, ah old book stores. Kindle will never be a match for you. And neither will the internet. I don't think heaven will have computers, but that's just my wish I think.

-We went to go see our future puppy!!! We haven't picked one out yet because they are so cute and still so little!! Kat and David came along for the fun so they could make sure we pick out a good playmate for Daisy and Chico, and so we could avoid driving our little VW on ten miles of gravel :). They have giant heads!


- Then Tuesday I headed off to Denver for XEC's annual board meeting. It was a bit crazy fancy! We stayed at the Ritz Carlton downtown which for the record had a gigantic bathroom complete with jet tub and separate walk in shower. I think I could have fallen asleep in that shower after the long day of meetinngs. The meeting went well though, I got up gave my ten minute shpeel, made some joke about being Jenny Hellman and after that everyone who got up made some comment about not being Jenny Hellman and one of my old classmates got up and said well I'm not Jenny Hellman but rumor was she did cheat off me in school! Ha it was so funny b/c the CEO said well how come she got better grades than you? HA. Needless to say I didn't have to do much introducing at dinner, everyone already knew who I was :).


- And while I was gone, Spencer was diligently getting the yard ready for Blitzy!! So here you go, pics of our yard progress!
First he took the old under the sink cabinet from the kitchen that was in the house when we bought it:
And made it into a beautiful dog house!
Then when I got back from Denver I added some lovely paint that Rach and I picked out:

And now all it needs are a few shingles, a sign that says blitzy and we'll have the cutest dog house on the block :). Spencer also went to work on a fence for a little dog run so blitzy won't have a giant yard to get lost cough make trouble in :).


And yes yesterday I got a wisdom tooth pulled. So today's job is to sit on the couch, eat soft foods, and make sure my blood clot doesn't fall out :). The body really is an amazing thing. Sorry I don't have any really funny stories, just lots of texts I sent that I don't remember sending and a very vivid dream about eating lasagna :). Thanks for all the prayers and notes!

4 comments:

  1. oh my you forgot the scandalous text you sent me!!!!
    i like the pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, love you! :o) Reading your blog makes me very happy--can't wait to meet Blitzy next time I'm in Tulsa! *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummmm I've never commented on your blog before but I actually read it frequently, so I've started to feel like a creepy stalker. Kind of like I'm just looking through your windows at night instead of coming in and saying hi. :-)

    So, hi. I hope I get to meet the puppy sometime!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha no worries syneva :) although i do like commenters ;) you can stalk on my life whenver you want as long as you come visit me sometime!!!

    ReplyDelete