Monday, July 19, 2010

War Wounds

Okay so this week was a rough one on the home front, okay not that bad but I feel like telling my sad stories :).

Sad story number one:
I finally got poison ivy. Yep I am not immune. Apparently I just get it very slowly because about a week after being in the yard I got a few bumps, but they didn't itch. Then a few days later they started itching (and no I did not scratch them!) and then they spread all over and finally I broke down and went to urgent care when I got bumps in between my fingers!! And of course right before I was going to see the doc to get my prescription for steriods, a guy came in with heat exhaustion who'd passed out seven times already so needless to say I sat in the back room a LONG time.

Story number two:
So I decided I wanted an old crate for a night stand instead of your typical bedside table. So all day saturday (all we did was take a break to see Despicable Me which by the way was hilarious!) we looked for a crate. We found ones that were too small, we found a bunch that were not for sale because they were storing things in antique stores, and we even found one that was for sale but was 70 dollars!! I'm sorry but I'm not paying that for an old crate I'm probably going to paint! So finally Sunday after church we just decided to get some old pallates from a hardware store and Spencer is building me a crate! Here's where the war wound part comes in :). A piece of wood went flying off the table saw, cut Spencer's hand, and punctured a hole in our wall!! And yes he was working inside because it is 105 degrees out and we have wasps and bees in our front yard! So anyway he now has a nice sore on his hand and I need to fill a hole in the dry wall, but at least we will have a sweet crate that is only costing us the price of the screws to hold it together.

Yeah for random weekend adventures :).

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your awful weekend. So that was poison ivy on your arm when we saw you :(. Tell Spencer to be sure and wear safety goggles when he does his woodworking--don't want him losing an eye. Can't wait to see his creation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for being handy. I love you guys, war wounds and all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, sorry about the poison ivy. That's rough. Good job being so handy and making a crate table. You guys are awesome.

    ReplyDelete